The purpose of the PDPA (Personal Data Protection Act) is to balance the commercial need of organisations to use individuals’ personal data and the right of individuals to protect their personal data.
FMS respects your privacy and recognises that your personal data is important to you.
FMS collects uses and discloses your personal data for the purposes of providing services to you, to enhance your customer experience with us, to comply with the legal requirements and to maintain the records of the courses you have completed for your reference.
To see the purposes for which FMS collects uses and discloses your personal data, please refer to FMS’s Data Protection Policy:
Data Protection Policy
The purpose of this document (“Data Protection Policy”) is to inform you of how FMS Associates Asia Pte Ltd (FMS) manages Personal Data which is subject to the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act. Please take a moment to read this Data Protection Policy so that you know and understand the purposes for which we collect, use and disclose your Personal Data.
By interacting with us, submitting information to us, or signing up for any Products and Services offered by us, you shall be deemed to have agreed to each and all the terms, conditions, and notices in this Policy. If you do not agree, please cease use of the relevant website(s) and/or service(s) and DO NOT provide any personal data to us.
This Data Protection Policy supplements but does not supersede nor replace any other consent you may have previously provided to FMS in respect of your Personal Data, and your consents herein are additional to any rights which FMS may have at law to collect, use or disclose you’re Personal Data.
FMS may from time to time update this Data Protection Policy to ensure that this Data Protection Policy is consistent with our future developments, industry trends and/or any changes in legal or regulatory requirements. Subject to your rights at law, you agree to be bound by the prevailing terms of the Data Protection Policy as updated from time to time on our website https://www.fms-1.com/pdpp. Please check back regularly for updated information on the handling of your Personal Data.
1. Personal Data
1.1 In this Data Protection Policy, “Personal Data” refers to any data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access, including data in our records as may be updated from time to time.
1.2 Examples of such Personal Data you may provide to us include (depending on the nature of your interaction with us) your name, NRIC, passport or other identification number, telephone number(s), mailing address, email address, birth date and any other information relating to any individuals which you have provided us in any forms you may have submitted to us, or via other forms of interaction with you.
2. Collection of Personal Data
2.1 Generally, we collect Personal Data in the following ways:
- when you submit a registration form or other forms relating to any of our Products and Services;
- when you interact with our customer service officers, for example, via telephone calls, letters, face-to-face meetings and emails;
- when you use some of our services, for example, websites; social media; workshops; net-working sessions & etc;
- when you request that we contact you, be included in an email or other mailing list;
- when you respond to our promotions, initiatives or to any request for additional Personal Data;
- when you are contacted by, and respond to, our marketing representatives and customer service officers;
- when we seek information from third parties about you in connection with the Products and Services you have applied for; and
- when you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reasons.
2.2 When you browse our website, you generally do so anonymously. We do not at our website automatically collect Personal Data unless you provide such information or login with your account credentials.
2.3 If you provide us with any Personal Data relating to a third party (e.g. information of your employees), by submitting such information to us, you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of the third party to provide us with their Personal Data for the respective purposes.
2.4 You should ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with the Products and Services you have requested.
3. Purposes for the Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Data
3.1 Generally, FMS collects, uses and discloses your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- responding to your queries and requests;
- managing the administrative and business operations of FMS and complying with internal policies and procedures;
- matching any Personal Data held which relates to you for any of the purposes listed herein;
- resolving complaints and handling requests and enquiries;
- providing media announcements and responses;
- organising promotional events;
- legal purposes (including but not limited to obtaining legal advice and dispute resolution);
- meeting or complying with any applicable rules, laws, regulations, codes of practice or guidelines issued by any legal or regulatory bodies which are binding on FMS (including but not limited to responding to regulatory complaints, disclosing to regulatory bodies and conducting audit checks, due diligence and investigations); and
- purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid.
3.2 In addition, FMS collects, uses and discloses your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- If you are a customer or an employee of an organization which is a customer of FMS:
- registering for the courses you subscribe to (including but not limited to creating of attendance list) ;
- facilitating the training of the course your subscribe to (including but not limited to instructor/facilitator preparation in participants profile);
- facilitating the assessment session for the course (including but not limited to participant verification and recording of result);
- processing of SDF or any other grant applicable to you or your organization that have sponsored for your course;
- printing of certificates (including but not limited to Statement of Attainment, certificate of attendance and certificate of performance);
- enforcement of payment obligations (including but not limited to debt collection, filing of claims and retrieval of payments from losses made by service partners);
- generating internal reports (including but not limited to annual, operational and management reports);
- administering fee adjustments, refunds and waivers;
- analysing your signup of our courses so as to help us improve, review, develop and efficiently manage the courses offered to you; and
- purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid.
3.4 If you have provided your Singapore telephone number(s) and have indicated that you consent to receiving marketing or promotional information via your Singapore telephone number(s), then from time to time, FMS may contact you using such Singapore telephone number(s) (including via voice calls, text, fax or other means) with information about our Products and Services (including discounts and special offers).
3.5 In relation to particular Products and Services or in your interactions with us, we may also have specifically notified you of other purposes for which we collect, use or disclose your Personal Data. If so, we will collect, use and disclose your Personal Data for these additional purposes as well, unless we have specifically notified you otherwise.
3.6 You have a choice to withdraw your consent for receiving marketing or promotional materials/communication. You may contact us using the contact details found below.
3.7 Please be aware that once we receive confirmation that you wish to withdraw your consent for marketing or promotional materials/communication, it may take up to 30 working days for your withdrawal to be reflected in our systems. Therefore, you may still receive marketing or promotional materials/communication during this period of time.
Please note that even if you withdraw your consent for the receipt of marketing or promotional materials, we may still contact you for other purposes in relation to the Products and Services that you have subscribed to with FMS.
4. Disclosure of Personal Data
4.1 We will not sell your personal data to third parties.
4.2 FMS will take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data against unauthorized disclosure. Subject to the provisions of any applicable law, your Personal Data may be disclosed, for the purposes listed above (where applicable), to the following:
- FMS’s employees to provide content, Products and Services to you, address your questions and requests in relation to your registration and billing arrangements with us as well as our Products and Services;
- companies providing services relating to insurance and consultancy to FMS;
- our professional advisers such as auditors and lawyers;
- relevant government regulators, statutory boards or authorities or law enforcement agencies to comply with any laws, rules, guidelines and regulations or schemes imposed by any governmental authority; and
- any other party to whom you authorize us to disclose your Personal Data to.
5. Contacting Us – Withdrawal of Consent, Access and Correction of your Personal Data
5.1 If you:
- have any questions or feedback relating to your Personal Data or our Data Protection Policy;
- would like to withdraw your consent to any use of your Personal Data as set out in this Data Protection Policy; or
- would like to obtain access and make corrections to your Personal Data records, please write into the following address:
Data Protection Officer
FMS Associates Asia Pte Ltd
1010 Dover Road #01-309V
5.2 Please note that if your Personal Data has been provided to us by a third party (e.g. a referrer), you should contact that organisation or individual to make such queries, complaints, and access and correction requests to FMS on your behalf.
6. Governing Law
6.1 This Data Protection Policy and your use of this website shall be governed in all respects by the laws of Singapore.