Very much the world will like to resume economic and social activities in a safe and progressive manner. We all wish that the Covid-19 pandemic will soon be over and restored to business as usual.
Singapore will be moving into Phase 3 on 28 Dec 2020, more workers will eventually be allowed to return to work gradually, businesses must comply with the requirements for Safe Management Measures. The Ministry of Sustainability and the Environment (MSE) has stepped-up enforcement checks.
What may be expected of facilities management roles in preparing, implementing and controlling the use of space within their organisations’ premises? Here are 5 key expectations from facilities management:
(1) Step up measures to support early detection of potential Covid cases and a safer working environment through in-place Safe Management Measures at the workplace;
(2) Change the space utilisation, due to safe distancing, to best accommodate and to facilitate the business operations;
(3) More stringent workplace health and safety preventive measures;
(4) To support facilities set up to enable staff to work from home;
(5) To make available provision of masks and hand sanitisers access points.
It will take a long while for most countries to reduce the “Disease Outbreak Response System Condition” (DORSCON) colour gradually from RED to GREEN. During these periods, Covid-19 safety measures must remain in and Facilities Management has a significant part in contributing toward a safe workplace environment.
To learn more, visit: